Is technology good or evil? This is a question asked by many people in theRead more
Maintenance of your computer or laptop is very important if you want to keep it for several years. Both outside and inside cleaning is needed. Today, we want to share a few maintenance and cleaning tips for both computers and laptops. Desktop computers will obviously have more outside cleaning than laptops, but the basic idea stay the same.
Outside cleaning is for all the surfaces and hardware that you can touch and that gathers dust.
- Switch off your machine. It is important to switch off your laptop or computer before you start cleaning it. It should be unplugged and all moving parts should be off. This is for your own safety.
- Use a soft cloth and water. The best way to clean your computer is to use a cloth that is soft and will not scratch the surface or screen. Moisten the cloth and wipe away any dust and food, etc. You can also use products that are specifically designed for cleaning computers.
- Shake the keyboard. To get rid of crumbs and other particles between the keyboard keys, gently tip it over and shake it so the stuff will come loose and fall out.
- Clean all the extras too. Remember to give your tower, mouse, keyboard, external hard drive, speakers, etc. a good clean as well. They all work hard and deserve a bit of attention.
- Do this often. Clean all the outsides and hardware at least once every month or so to ensure that dust doesn’t damage your system.
Inside cleaning basically refers to the software and other programs on your computer.
- Uninstall unused programs. The first step to clean the inside of your computer is to remove any programs and other software that you no longer use. This will free up space and declutter your computer.
- Hire a Computer Guy. Fixing computers isn’t hard but the non tech savy, considering using computer repair in brooklyn. Most of these IT specialists will fix your computer and save you the headache.
- Defrag your computer. When space on your computer becomes limited, it starts saving files in fragments. For example, a little bit in one block and the rest in two other blocks. Defragging means that the computer will pull all the saved files back together and it will also speed up retrieval because it will be in one place.
- Scan your computer. Viruses and adware and spyware slows your computer down and also threatens the security and operations. Make sure that you have the necessary anti-virus protection and scan your computer for viruses and malware. Get the problems fixed. If the computer cannot fix or remove it, take it to a shop for repairs.
- Do regular updates. New versions of operating systems and software are released frequently Most computers will update automatically if your settings allow it. The most recent updates usually work better and often take up less space.
These are very basic things but they will ensure that your computer operates well and for a long time. If you follow these simple procedures, you will extend its lifespan and probably save a lot of money on repairs.
Computer hardware is necessary for any complete computer experience. Knowing what you have and the specs involved is necessary for updates and repairs. Without the necessary hardware, the software would be useless. If you want to find out exactly what type of hardware you have on your computer, you need to make use of hardware detection tools. These tools will tell you about your processor, memory speeds, motherboard chipset, graphics card and more.
System Spec – This tool displays all the hardware that it detects as well as all the information about the specs for each. There are more in-depth details available for the CPU, sound, memory, USB and more. The tool offers different menus.
HWInfo– This is one of the most popular and most downloaded hardware detection tools and for good reason. It offers very comprehensive information about every possible hardware component. It will give you information about the CPU, temperatures, speeds, displays, memory, graphics, etc. There are some differences between the 32-bit and 64-bit versions, so check these before downloading. HWInfo is free to download.
Speccy– Different versions of Speccy is available for download. It gives you information about clock speeds, frequencies, and all the other hardware stuff you want to know.
System Information for Windows (SIW) – As the name says, this tool is specifically for Windows operating systems. It displays all the hardware information you want as well as extra information about Windows and other software components. It will also give you some information about your networks and also offers tests for speed, monitor, etc.
BlackBox– BlackBox displays comprehensive information on the hardware components of your laptop or computer and also about other hardware devices that are installed. It is easy to understand and can be used by anyone.
PC Wizard – This is another very popular tool that is free to download. It offers more and different features than most other tools. Apart from the normal display of hardware detected and each component’s information, this tool also offers tests for specific computer systems. You can check everything from temperatures to fan speeds and you can even pull up usernames and passwords.
Some of these hardware detection tools are only compatible with certain versions of operating systems. When looking for downloads, make sure to check the compatibility. These tools are available for free download but you will find them on different sites and some have more than one version. Check the details before downloading.
Is technology good or evil? This is a question asked by many people in the last decade or so. The answer is not a simple or black and white one. As with most things in life, technology also has the good and the bad. To determine whether it is good or evil depends on the person. Articles have been written about the effects of technology on the human consciousness, productivity, and more. Most of them also leave you to decide for yourself.
Today, we want to look at the good and the evil. And yes, you will have to decide for yourself. Here are three of the many things to consider:
Medical Technology – Technology has helped improve the health and our chances of living long lives. From creating cures to better surgical precision to monitoring equipment and helping people breathe when they can’t do so themselves, technology has made a huge impact on medicine and medical technology. Without many of the technology advances, many more people would have died or lived unhealthy lives.
Communication – Not only are cell phones and other communication devices good for communicating with loved ones overseas, but it is also good in emergencies. A person in trouble can phone for help and emergency units can be dispatched in no time thanks to communication devices. It helps us stay in touch when we are unable to do so physically.
Computers – The world needs computers because half the world (if not more) runs on computers. Computers and technology based on them automate things and help to make life more convenient. It helps businesses function more efficient and also helps them to get valuable information and stats to improve their systems and processes.
Medical Technology – The downside of medical technology is the research done on animals as well as the evolution of superbugs. To test whether technology and medicines will work, researchers tend to test these on animals. The repeated use of certain medications has also led to superbugs. These bugs are immune to the existing medications and require more research to find new medications. You can see how this becomes a vicious cycle.
Communication – As humans, we tend to take things too far. It’s no different when it comes to technology. It is a great way to stay in touch and keep relationships alive, but it can also have the opposite effect. When people get too involved in technology like the internet, video games, cell phones, online gambling, etc., they lose touch with people and reality. This often causes people to have artificial or shallow relationships that only exist online.
Computers – Apart from the fears of robots taking over the world, computers can also be evil in the way that people use them. The technology for computers has made our world a very different place in a good way. However, it has also made it easier for criminals, predators, bullies, and terrorists to perform their illegal or unsavoury actions.
Yes, we leave you with an open answer. Technology is both good and evil and – no surprise – the evil side is mostly due to human activity and their wrongful or poor use of technology that is otherwise a great thing. So, you decide: Is technology good or evil?
Hardware and software are the things we need to work on computers. Generally, you need both to successfully use a computer as they work together. A very basic distinction between hardware and software is that hardware can be seen and touched while software cannot. Let’s have a closer look at the difference between software and hardware.
Definition: Hardware refers to physical devices that make up your computer and that is needed to make the software work. It can be touched and seen.
Examples: monitor, keyboard, motherboard, processor, mouse, hard drives, power supply, graphics card, sound card, modem, printer, speakers, DVD-ROM, smartphone, tablet, etc.
So, if you are reading this article, you probably have all or some of these things right now – computer screen, keyboard, and mouse. You can’t necessarily see the motherboard or CPU, but it’s there. Hardware is the physical stuff and as things go with the physical, it has a tendency to get old and wear out. There are different moving parts that form part of the computer hardware and these can get worn out and break. Luckily, replacing hardware is generally easy.
If you are unsure about what exactly your computer’s hardware consists of, you can download free hardware detection tools to help you find out.
Definition: Software refers to the things that we cannot see, but trust to happen. Software is written in a coding language and we cannot see or touch this code. It can be copied, shared, and deleted unlike hardware.
Examples: internet browser, operating system, word processor, video and photo editor, Photoshop, music player, printer software, games, instant messaging, etc.
You’re still reading this article, so you are using software. You are using an operating system for your computer or smartphone, internet browser, and maybe a music player. Any program that you installed on your computer from a disk, the internet or flash drive, is software. Software makes it possible for the computer to perform certain functions or tasks. Hardware is the stuff that makes it possible to use the software.
Hardware and Software for Businesses
Most businesses in the world use a computer in some form. Large corporations may have thousands of computers and a small startup may only have one or two, but every business needs one. Choosing hardware and software for your business is very important and you should make sure you know what exactly you need. The hardware and software your business needs will depend on the nature of your business, daily operations, and so forth.
Hardware versus software is maybe the wrong way to have entitled this post as they actually need to work together and not opposite each other. Technically, a computer can work without software as long as it has an operating system. However, without specific software applications, you won’t be able to browse the internet, type documents, edit photos, listen to music or watch movies, or draw.
I hope you now have a better understanding of what the difference is between hardware and software. A better understanding of your computer system is always a good thing.
An operating system is like the heart and veins of a computer. Without it, the computer would not be able to function. Different operating systems are available on the market and they all have their pros and cons. The three most well-known ones are Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. Each of these is good and will be a good choice. Your personal choice of OS will depend on several different considerations.will be a good choice. Your personal choice of OS will depend on several different considerations.
What will the computer be used for?
The very first consideration is about the use of the computer and its operating system. For basic business and home use, Windows is the most popular and easy to use. If you are a graphic designer, music producer, or have some other type of media-related job, you may be better off with a Mac OS. Mac OS is ideally suited for graphics and multi-media use. If you are a programmer, Linux will likely be your choice of system. Linux is the operating system used by most programmers across the world.
What is your price range for computers?
The price range that you are comfortable with will also play a role in the choice of operating system. Windows runs on most computers including entry-level or low-price range models. Mac OS only runs on Apple computers. Apple computers do not have an entry-level or low-price range and their computers are generally more expensive. Linux is for free and can run on any computer.
What type of devices and programs do you want to run?
Because Windows is the most popular and most-used operating system, most devices and programs are designed to be compatible with it. With Apple computers and Mac OS, you will only be able to add software and devices that are made specifically for Apple. Most manufacturers do not consider Linux when designing their products, so very few make devices and software that are compatible with it.
What is your safety requirements?
Windows is generally seen as the operating system that is the most vulnerable. This is because of its popularity as all programs, software, and malware and viruses are designed for this system. Mac OS is generally safer because there is fewer hacker software for it. Linux is the safest as almost all of its processes require administrator permission.
These are the four things you need to answer for yourself when deciding to buy a new computer or operating system. Most computers come with an OS already installed, so you will need to consider price range. Once you have answered these questions, you should be able to choose the right operating system for you.
Running a business is a very complex and time-consuming thing if you are not properly equipped with all the necessary tools and equipment. There are very few businesses that operate without some form of computer and technology use. Small businesses and large corporations all depend on computers for certain functions whether it is marketing, invoicing, database, or programming. To ensure that your business runs smoothly, there are certain types of software that you must invest in.
Our list is by no means comprehensive, but these are a few of the software applications and web tools you should definitely get for your business. You can find specific programs or software suggestions all over the internet.
- CRM – Customer relationship management is important for any type of business no matter the size. It is always helpful to have a system that helps to manage your relationship with customers, the sales process, the completion of tasks, etc.
- Office Suite – Word processing, tables and presentations are part of most businesses. Your business most likely will need an office suite like Microsoft Office to operate properly. If you are starting out and don’t want to pay money for this, there are free options available online.
- E-mail – E-mail is part of everyday functions in any modern business. There is probably not a single day that you don’t send or receive emails. There are many email providers available from Outlook to Gmail to Yahoo!. Most of these are free and they also have built-in calendars and other functions to help with streamlining communication and planning.
- Accounting Software – Billing, invoicing, receiving payments, balancing, credit control – these are all things that are central to the success and efficiency of the business. It also links to good customer service and is, therefore, something you want to do right. With accounting software that does a lot of the heavy-duty stuff for you, you are sure to have a smooth accounting department.
- Database – Different businesses have different types of databases, but most have one. A database can be for existing clients, staff, suppliers, etc. Database software makes it a lot easier to keep track of everything and have information on specific clients, employees, or suppliers in easily accessible.
- Communication – No business can run properly without good communication. Your business should look into software systems that allow inter-company communication like instant messaging. You can also look into setting up hotlines, WhatsApp groups, Facebook pages, etc. in order to make communication with clients easier.
- Backup and Recovery – This is an especially important software if your business uses computers. It is important to have backups of all important files, documents, designs, and database information. You can find great programs that do these backup functions while you sleep.
- Project Management – If you have different teams operating at the same time and you need to keep track, you need a project management Web tool like Basecamp. It tracks all activity and progress and can even handle billing and individual performance data.
Depending on the nature and size of your business, you will need some or all of these software and web tools. The best way to know which ones you need is to clearly set out your daily activities and processes and choose software that will streamline them.
Does the world need computers? Most people will immediately answer YES without a second thought. This is why.
So many aspects of life in the 21st century is based, reliant on, or redundant without computers. Imagine for a moment a world without computers: You are woken up by the sun or a clock radio. You make breakfast and coffee with a pot on the stove or a normal, non-smart kettle. You maybe switch on the television for the morning show or news. You read the newspaper in its paper and ink form. You drive to work with a car that doesn’t think for itself or take a bus or taxi that works with paper tickets or actual money. At work, everything is paper-based and you have a desk full of files and pens.
Presentations are done on flip boards. If you are in the IT business or related fields, you don’t have a job. No such thing as emails – you get internal letters or phone calls to inform you of important information. No conference calls – you will have to drive or fly to meet that client. You again drive or take the bus or train home. No browsing the internet, no streaming movies, no live stock markets, etc. You watch television or read, maybe go for a walk or cook dinner on the stove. You can’t order take-out over the Internet, it doesn’t exist.
I bet for some of you that was an extremely difficult thing to imagine because computers have become such a big part of life. Life without computers may have been a bit simpler than it is today, but it brings so much good to our lives that we cannot imagine a world without it. Here are some reasons why we need computers:
Business – Businesses rely heavily on computers and related technology to build, operate, and be successful. Computers have made it possible for tasks that took weeks in the past, to be done within a day or even a few minutes.
Education and Research – Schools, universities and other educational institutions use computers to improve learning and increase access to information. Without the use of computers and the internet, many students may not be able to study and projects will take forever. Research is must faster and more efficient for both education and business purposes with computers.
Communication – Many people still remember when we had only landline telephones and you weren’t able to quickly text a friend. Back then it wasn’t a problem. Today, however, the advances in communication technology has made it possible to stay in contact with friends and family across the world. You can have emergency help in a matter of minutes or you can contact clients in faraway countries without flying there.
Medicine – A lot of hospital equipment work with computer technology. These help to diagnose and treat diseases and illnesses like never before. Many lives are saved thanks to computers and the technology that developed from it. Computer analysis programmes are crucial for medical research.
We haven’t even touched on government agencies, public transport, or entertainment reasons. Computers may have disadvantages in the sense that people tend to overdo things, but the advantages for general human life outweighs the negatives. The world has evolved and computers came with that. Today, life without computers seems impossible.